Friday, July 18, 2008

Caring Is Sharing

One secret advantage to being in a relationship with another man is sharing clothing. It can range from blatant theft (taking a shirt from his side of the closet and hanging it on mine) to a more organic kind of sharing(we only have one sock drawer).

While driving the Husband to work yesterday morning, he swore.

"Shit! I left my wedding ring on the bathroom counter."

I laughed, "You spent five days in Florida, and you completely forgot we're married. I predicted this."

Then, a little light bulb flashed on above my head. I pulled off my wedding band, and handed it to him. "Here. Take mine. They're the same. I'll just grab yours when I get home in ten minutes."

We haven't switched back yet. Am I supposed to be sentimental about having the correct one, or pragmatic? I mean, they're exactly the same.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, my husband forgets to wear his ring, and I spend the day wearing it on my thumb. I love my ring, but I think I like getting to wear his even more, because it's his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my ring back the day after I wrote this post. I decided pragmatism be damned, it's the ring he put on my finger when he married me, so I should probably keep the correct one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if they get mixed up on the nightstand?

    El Jefe is on ring #4. One is at the bottom of the ocean in Fiji, One is lost at our old house (thanks, 2 year old baby!) and one turned his finger green. (Don't get a ring at Wal-Mart, we were poor.)

    Next one is a tattoo.

    ReplyDelete